Sentience

Student Network for animal rights | Réseau animaliste étudiant

[Vidéo] Prédation écureuil / faucon

Vous trouverez dans cette section de la documentation et des débats spécifiquement destinés aux militant-e-s en devenir. L'objectif n'est pas de vous convaincre que l'exploitation des animaux est une mauvaise chose et qu'il faut militer contre, mais de vous aider à réfléchir aux revendications que vous voudriez porter et au type d'actions dans lesquelles vous pourriez vous engager.
Voyez aussi la rubrique « Agir » de notre site web : http://asso-sentience.net/agir

[Vidéo] Prédation écureuil / faucon

Messagepar Elodie » Mar 18 Fév 2014 08:49

Hello,

juste pour le partage : une vidéo bien faite et belle de la prédation (je ne dis pas que la prédation est belle :p )

Dommage que y'ait pas de balise 'video' pour l'afficher sur le forum.

http://asso-sentience.net/IMG/mp4/littl ... winner.mp4
Dernière édition par Mata'i le Mar 3 Mai 2016 00:30, édité 4 fois.
Raison: Suffisait de demander ;-)
Elodie
Membre de Trois Rivières

Vous êtes étudiant-e: Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières

Re: Vidéo prédation écureuil / chouette

Messagepar Mata'i » Mer 19 Fév 2014 22:11

Pfiou, flippante cette vidéo ! Mais de belles images, c'est sûr.
« La tyrannie la plus redoutable n'est pas celle qui prend figure d'arbitraire, c'est celle qui vient couverte du masque de la légalité. »
Démocratie ≠ électocratie. Ce n'est pas aux élus d'écrire les règles du pouvoir ni de tout décider à notre place.
Mata'i
Membre de Lyon

Vous êtes étudiant-e: Lyon 2

Messagepar Stan » Mer 26 Fév 2014 11:21

Ohhh je suis trop content qu'il s'en sorte à la fin !! Je pensais qu'il allait se faire bouffer vu le thème de la vidéo !
Stan
Membre de Lyon

Messagepar Mata'i » Jeu 27 Fév 2014 12:12

« I'm a great winner », dit le titre :-D

Edit :
L'histoire de cette vidéo : https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/an ... story.html
When cinematographer Neil Rettig and his veterinarian wife, Laura Johnson, returned to Wisconsin in 2014 after six months spent filming endangered Philippine eagles in the forests of Mindanao, friends kept sending them the link to a video they thought the couple would enjoy.

“You’ve got to look at this,” Laura remembers people saying. “It’s really awesome.”

It turned out that Neil was intimately familiar with the video — a hawk chasing a squirrel. After all, he shot it.

“It’s actually gone viral,” Neil said of the segment, taken from the 2012 National Geographic miniseries “Untamed Americas.”

And for good reason. The clip, lasting 3 minutes 31 seconds, is the squirrel world’s “Gone With the Wind,” its “Lawrence of Arabia” or “Saving Private Ryan.” It is a sweeping epic so beautifully photographed and masterfully edited that I doubt it will ever be equaled. As I kick off my fifth annual Squirrel Week, I want to celebrate this landmark piece of squirrel cinema.

The segment starts with an eastern gray squirrel foraging in fallen leaves. A red-tailed hawk looks down, then launches itself at its prey. More twists and turns than a Hollywood car chase follow.

The hawk plummets through a maze of branches!

The squirrel races up a tree and seeks refuge in its drey, then bails out a trapdoor as the hawk’s talons tear at the leaves!

The squirrel soars in super-slow motion from one tree to another!

I won’t tell you how the battle ends, except to say that today is the first day of Squirrel Week, not Hawk Week.

“Not all the drama has to happen out there in the wild with cougars and grizzly bears,” said “Untamed Americas” producer Karen Bass, a 25-year veteran of the BBC’s natural history unit. “We thought this was a pretty dramatic scene. What I liked about it was the idea of the relatability, that it could be happening right under your nose, and probably is if you live near a park or have a big yard.”

Others involved in the segment included producer James Byrne and field producer John Benam .

“In order to make that sequence, a lot of different elements had to stack up and fall into place,” Neil said.

Chief among them was a firm understanding of animal behavior. Hawk vs. squirrel took nearly two weeks to shoot and involved multiple squirrels and three hawks.

“You can’t get all those angles in one go, no way,” Neil said. “To me, the most important thing is to make sure everything is ethically good and that you’re biologically correct.”

The segment was shot in November 2010 on Neil and Laura’s 162-acre Wisconsin farm. Neil is a licensed falconer, which allowed him to get many intimate shots of his trained bird and other hawks. Sometimes, the bird was actually chasing a squirrel. Other times, it was filmed perching or flying, for shots that would be edited in to show detail.

For some footage, Neil was suspended in the forest canopy, sitting in a gondola attached to a guy-wire. It took weeks to acclimate a trained hawk to his presence up there.

Squirrels were filmed in extreme close-up — eyes blinking, whiskers twitching — and in super-slow motion, leaping among the trees. The most amazing shot may be a heroic jump captured against a stunning blue sky.

“We know the avenues squirrels take when going from Point A to Point B,” Neil said. That allowed the filmmakers to position a high-tech camera, called a Phantom, near one of these byways. It can capture action at 1,000 frames per second, revealing details not normally picked up.

“When the squirrel escapes into the hole, its tail is twirling around,” Neil said. “At normal speed, that would be the blink of an eye. With the Phantom, you can see detail. The hair is actually flying off the squirrel’s tail as it’s trying to stuff itself into the hole.”

Such encounters are life or death for the animals involved.

“All these creatures — whether hawks or squirrels — they know the lay of the land intimately,” Neil said. “Those squirrels know where every knothole is. They have a strategy to get into that cavity or nest to escape. They take the shortest route to get there. If they don’t make it, then of course, the reward for the hawk is a meal.”

There was a time when we humans were as intimately familiar with our environment.

“Most people — a lot — are losing a connection with nature, unfortunately,” Neil said. “Everybody’s wrapped up in and dependent on electronics and technology. That’s where a sequence like this is so pure. It reveals what’s happening every day that we just don’t see.”

In other words: That cute little squirrel digging in your garden? He’s the hero in his own action movie.

All week: Squirrels, squirrels and more squirrels!

La vidéo National Geographic : https://vimeo.com/111070343

Moi je préfère la version avec la musique, et d'ailleurs bizarrement, l'auteur-e du montage qui a fait plus de 10 millions de vues sur Youtube est introuvable (vidéo en tête de ce topic).
« La tyrannie la plus redoutable n'est pas celle qui prend figure d'arbitraire, c'est celle qui vient couverte du masque de la légalité. »
Démocratie ≠ électocratie. Ce n'est pas aux élus d'écrire les règles du pouvoir ni de tout décider à notre place.
Mata'i
Membre de Lyon

Retourner vers Étape 2 : se documenter et réfléchir aux stratégies militantes | Public